A perfect wine, that seems to have gone from one strength to another since I first tasted it, the 100% Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Lot 1 is absolutely amazing wine. It was aged 21 months in 87% new French oak, finished at 15.3% alcohol and was another abundant vintage, as this lot produced 850 cases, which is even more than 2012 and slightly less than 2003 and 2014. The wine has an inky purple color, a gorgeous nose of graphite, blueberry liqueur intermixed with cassis, blackberry, espresso roast, chocolate and graphite.Read full article
Lot No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon
The concept of lot wines at Louis M. Martini dates back to 1952, when Louis P. Martini first made good, luxury Cabernet Sauvignon wines from selected vineyards that he named by lots. Today, we continue the legacy, selecting the best grapes from Napa Valley’s extraordinary mountaintop and benchland vineyards for this wine. Lot 1 is a sought-after wine that captures the essence of Napa Valley’s distinctive terroir.
This is a big & good Cabernet Sauvignon—dark, dense and rich—with pronounced blackberry and blackcurrant notes, suggestions of licorice and dark cherry, and layers of cocoa, tobacco and clove. Full-bodied, it has a richly fruited mid-palate featuring cassis and coffee, and a long finish marked by dark fruit and spice.
Ideal conditions prevailed throughout the 2012 growing season in the Napa Valley wine region, making for a vintage wine which many have characterized as classic. We selected fruit from some of the best sites in the Napa Valley, including Stagecoach Vineyard in Atlas Peak (45%), Stags Leap (21%) and the balance from select other sites in the valley including Spring Mountain and the Silverado Bench.
Looking for the 2013 Lot No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon? Email Us.
- Great Pairings:
- 100 Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2016 - 2013 Vintage
- 96+ Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2016 - 2012 Vintage
- 90 Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2016 - 2011 Vintage
- 98 Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2016 - 2010 Vintage
- 95-97 Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2015 - 2013 Vintage
- 93 Points: James Suckling.com, July 2015 - 2012 Vintage
- 95 Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2014 - 2012 Vintage
- 92 Points: Wine Spectator, May 2014 - 2010 Vintage
- 95 Points: JamesSuckling.com, May 2014 - 2010 Vintage