This substantial, black currant-inflected Cabernet was even better the second day, which suggests that while the wine is delicious now, cellaring a few bottles wouldn't be a bad idea.Read full article
Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
Our 2013 Louis M. Martini Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of the unique characteristics from several phenomenal vineyards, creating a Cabernet Sauvignon with remarkable balance and consistency. Offering ripe flavors of black plum jam and black currant, this wine is a polished reflection of the excellent 2013 vintage. Hints of toast and a touch of baking spice support the fruit.
We selected more than half of the Cabernet grapes for this wine from our own vineyards in Sonoma County, with the balance coming from our longstanding partner growers. Specifically, we looked to our Frei Ranch Vineyard and Stefani Vineyard in the Dry Creek Valley AVA, as well as our Barrelli Creek Vineyard in the Alexander Valley AVA for fruit. The 2013 vintage was slightly warmer than the previous few years, resulting in ripe, dark fruit flavors in our Cabernet. A touch of Petite Sirah lends further dark fruit character and structure to the wine, while a hint of Merlot contributes to a plush mouthfeel.
- Great Pairings:
- 90 Points: California Grapevine, November 2015 - 2013 Vintage
- 90 Points Cellar Selection: Wine Enthusiast, November 2015 - 2011 Vintage
- 95-97 Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2015 - 2013 Vintage
- 93+ Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2015 - 2012 Vintage
- 90 Points: Tastings.com, February 2013 - 2010 Vintage
- 90 Points: WineReviewOnline.com, November 2012 - 2010 Vintage