This substantial, black currant-inflected Cabernet was even better the second day, which suggests that while the wine is delicious now, cellaring a few bottles wouldn't be a bad idea.Read full article
Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
Our Louis M. Martini 2014 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon wine reflects the best of the warm, narrow Dry Creek Valley and the hot yet wind-cooled Alexander Valley. Together, these unique features create a rich, superbly balanced Cabernet Sauvignon with copious yet supple tannins.
Those tannins make the young wine approachable but will still give it enough texture to age gracefully. This vintage had a long, calm growing season, helping create elevated and concentrated flavors that include wild berries, plum, licorice and mocha. The full-bodied and mouth-coating feel on the palate leads to a long, graceful finish with tones of intense fruit, dried herbs and cedar inside firm structure.
The grapes for this wine were primarily selected from renowned vineyards in Sonoma County. For this vintage, we looked to our Frei Ranch vineyards in Dry Creek Valley AVA and our Barrelli Creek Vineyard in the Alexander Valley AVA. The 2014 growing season was another very cooperative one with early bud break, steady temperatures and long hang time that lasted through an exceptionally long harvest. The result was vibrant fruit development, ideal tannins and an exquisite vintage of Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Great Pairings:
- 90 Points: California Grapevine, November 2015 - 2013 Vintage
- 90 Points Cellar Selection: Wine Enthusiast, November 2015 - 2011 Vintage
- 95-97 Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2015 - 2013 Vintage
- 93+ Points: The Wine Advocate, October 2015 - 2012 Vintage
- 90 Points: Tastings.com, February 2013 - 2010 Vintage
- 90 Points: WineReviewOnline.com, November 2012 - 2010 Vintage