GRILLED WATERMELON SALAD
Aged Balsamic Vinegar, Feta Cheese, Sweet Basil
• 1 Each Seedless Red Watermelon, quartered and cut into 1” slices
• ¼ Cup Olive Oil
• 2 Tbsp Salt
• 2 Tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 ½ Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
• 1 Cup Basil Leaves, chiffonade
• ½ Cup Louis M. Martini Rosé of Cabernet Sauvignon
• ½ Cup Sugar
1. Turn grill on and allow to heat for about 10- 15 minutes minimum.
2. Combine Rosé and sugar in small sauce pot and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes until a syrup like consistency is reached.
3. Sprinkle the watermelon with salt and allow it to sit on a rack for 20-30 minutes to expel excess moisture. Pat the melon dry with paper towels before moving forward to the next step.
4. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Place the budino cups into a high-sided baking dish and carefully pour in enough boiling water to come up about a third of the way up the sides of the cups. Cover with aluminum foil and carefully place into the oven, being careful not to splash the water.
5. Brush both sides of watermelon slices with rosé syrup and then with olive oil.
6. Gently lay watermelon on grill until grill marks are formed, about 4-5 minutes.
7. Remove watermelon from grill and allow it to cool slightly. Then remove the rind and cut into 1” cubes.
8. Toss the diced watermelon in a bowl with the chopped basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Transfer to a serving vessel and sprinkle with feta cheese, and drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar.