SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
• 6 Each Sweet Potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
• 4 Cups Chicken Stock
• 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
• 6 Each Shallots, sliced
• 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, softened
• 6 Each Eggs
• 2 Cups Pecans, toasted and chopped
• 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
• ¼ tsp Chili Powder
• 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
• 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1. In a large stock pot, melt ½ stick of butter. Add shallots and thyme and sweat until aromatic. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Add sweet potatoes, chicken stock, and heavy cream. Season lightly with salt and bring to a simmer.
3. While simmering, in a medium sized mixing bowl combine pecans, brown sugar, 1 stick of soft butter, kosher salt, cinnamon, chili powder and maple syrup. Mix with wooden spoon until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside for final step.
4. Once sweet potatoes are fork tender, strain through colander, and place in a food processor or food mill. Puree until mixture is smooth and free of lumps. Gradually add eggs one at a time, along with remaining butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer Potato puree to a 12” casserole dish and liberally sprinkle pecan mixture on top.
6. Place in oven and bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
7. Remove from oven and allow 20 minutes to rest before serving. The topping will be extremely hot!!
8. Serve and enjoy with friends and family.