ELEVATED BURGER WITH FRIED TOMATO AND PIMENTO CHEESE
• 3 Lbs Ground Chuck 80/20
• 2 Tsp Salt
• ½ Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
• ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
• 6 each Brioche Hamburger Buns
• 1 head Boston Bibb Lettuce
• 6 Oz Pimento Cheese
Fried Green Tomatoes
• 2 each Green Tomatoes, Sliced 1/4” Thick
•. 2 Cup Cornmeal
• 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
• ¼ Tsp Salt
• 2 each Eggs, Whisked Thoroughly
• 2 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
• ½ Cup Mayonnaise
• 3 Tbsp Crème Fraiche
• 2 Tsp Chopped Capers
• 2 Tsp Chopped Cornichons
• ½ Tsp Chopped Parsley
• ½ Tsp Chopped Tarragon
• 1 each Garlic Clove, Minced
• ½ Tsp Dijon Mustard
• ½ Tsp Whole Grain Mustard
• ¼ Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
• 1 pinch Old Bay Seasoning
• ¼ Tsp Lemon Juice
• ¼ Tsp Paprika
• 4 shakes Tabasco Sauce
1. To make the remoulade, combine ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well. Keep cool until service.
Fried Green Tomatoes
1. Arrange sliced green tomatoes on baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with salt. Allow them to sit for about 20 minutes before breading.
2. Place flour, whisked eggs and cornmeal in separate bowls.
3. Dip tomatoes into flour bowl. Shake off any excess flour and transfer them to bowl with eggs.
4. Coat tomatoes in flour evenly and transfer to cornmeal bowl one at a time.
5. Press tomatoes in cornmeal, coating both sides evenly.
6. Heat oil over medium heat in tall stock pot to 350˚. Drop tomato slices in hot oil one at a time and fry until crispy and golden brown.
7. Keep them warm until service.
1. Heat the grill on high for 15 – 20 minutes.
While grill is heating, form ground beef into 4” patties, about 1 ½” thick.
2. Season them with salt and pepper, and place on the hot grill.
3. Cook the patties on high heat for about 4-5 minutes each side for medium rare, brushing them with melted butter frequently.
4. Top with cheese during the last minute of grilling and close the lid of the grill, allowing the cheese to melt fully. With remaining melted butter, brush the cut sides of your burger buns and place on the grill to toast.
5. Once toasted, place remoulade on bottom bun, top with burgers, lettuce and top bun.